Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] headley.ryan@gmail.com is offline

Default Zoom H6

I almost don't know where to begin. You are correct in that more expensive equipment yields better results, but the real question is: is that last bit of improvement in quality worth the difference in price? I say no, provided that you want a device that will do what the Zoom h6 does.

This device functions exactly as it is purported to. The quality of an actual recording from this device is remarkably high, and I don't believe a quantifiably 1% improvement is worth the much greater expense.

We now live in a world where remotes for national news casts are recorded on sub-$1k devices, and almost all audio is compressed before final distribution. The artifacts from 192kbps mp3 or aac are much more noticeable than the noise from the preamps in this device.

If you have the money to spend on equipment like you mentioned, then you can certainly afford the $400 this thing costs; so, give it a try.