Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Well, I may not have the right idea on your uploader yet. I uploaded my
music clip, but then how do I send it to the group? It just vanished into
the cloud somewhere.

Oh well. I have Yousendit as well, so I uploaded it to them, and what
they
do is send me or whatever recipient an email with the download link. So
let's see if this works:

https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...url=https%3A%2
F%2Fwww.hightail.com%2Ftransfer.php%3Faction%3Dbat ch_download%26send_id%3D2350
966307%26email%3Da8ec356ff3015b1f7d0c7a05d925f2bf

Some day I may learn how to use Tinyurl, but for now let's just see if
that
works.

This is not intended as an example of the highest level of recording arts
and sciences. It is just my first outing to my concert band for this
year.
This was a cold read from a new piece, West Side Story, which they have
decided not to do on concert day anywat. I am using my Three Card(ioid)
Monte technique for the first time, recording thru the Yamaha mixer to
the
Tascam DR-07, editing in Audition and compressing to MP3 at 224 k.
Comments
welcome, scathing criticism not so much.

Gary Eickmeier

Gary,

Nothing could possibly be simpler than tinyurl.

First, you copy the long URL to your computer's clip-board

Then you go to:

http://tinyurl.com/create.php

Then you paste the long URL into the window marked: "Enter another long
URL to make tiny:"

Then hit the button marked "Make tinyurl"

Voila! , It's done

BTW, the tiny URL for the 205 character URL you give above, is:

http://tinyurl.com/keqnteq

Hope this helps.

OK, yes, I knew it was probably easy, just never had a great need for it
before. I hope that more of us will send clips to the group, and if they
have video too that shows the mikes that would be super. You know the
chamber stuff we were talking about that imaged so unvelievably with just
the little Zoom H2n? I have that on video, and it shows the mike
beautifully. I will try and show it.

Gary