Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Thanks. I like the Maggies but caution you to not kill the backwave with
more absorption but rather use it for what it was designed for. If placed
properly and not killed, you get some delayed versions of the primary
sound
behind and beside the actual speakers, which help flesh out (unmask) the
depth and spaciousness that is (hopefully) in your recordings. If placed
improperly, too close to any wall, those same reflections will destroy the
imaging in ways that I have described.

You haven't listened to a single thing I have said about the actual
purpose of accurate monitoring and translation, have you?
--scott

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have absorbed every word you have said,
but it is not the first time I have heard it, so I hope you don't imagine
you are revealing anything to me. What you HAVE revealed to me are miking
techniques and tricks of the trade in recording, and I have listened to the
extent of buying the Streicher book and learning some interesting things
about MS and a few of the closely spaced cardioid techniques. We have
discussed the pickup patterns of said cardioids and frequency response at
the edges of their patterns. I have thought a lot about that, and modified
my mastering techniques to allow for that.

In short, you have been a friendly, helpful source that I trust because you
are not a bull****ter bragging about himself and putting others down. This
is sure a hold no prisoners group, which I think I can handle, having been
among audio people for some time now. Everyone has an opinion about
everything - and I am one of them.

Gary