Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Graves George Graves is offline

Default Zoom H6

In article , "Trevor"
wrote:

"George Graves" wrote in message
Fair enough. I have known more than few recording engineers and producers
from the "4300" era. The "rockers" seemed to like the speakers well enough,
those recording classical and jazz were fairly universal in their disdain
for the speakers. I should have made clear that *I" think they were terribly
inaccurate and my opinion was shared by many. Since this is an informal NG,
I didn't think it was necessary to be that precise in giving my opinion.

Well it would certainly help reduce arguments. I have always favoured big
JBL's for rock and roll, but wouldn't dream of using them for a string
quartet! OTOH the big models are just fine for pipe organ, but not so the
smaller models. Just as you wouldn't use a LS3/5A for that either!
Horses for courses.

Trevor.

Agreed. This is what I have found to be the case as well. Big JBLs seem to work fine for rock. Of course, one can always use EQ (as you pointed out in another post) to fix at least some of the problems in the studio. But as a "visitor" to these studios that was not my concern.