Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default MOSFET output stage

Jorden Verwer wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

What the **** is this 'offset' you're talking about. Do you mean biasing ?

No, of course not. If I'd meant biasing I would've said biasing. BTW, I
don't see how one component's biasing can be "better" than another one's -
it's simply a design step that's necessary to make it work. I mean, nobody
would say "this amplifier's frequency compensation is so much nicer than
that one's"...

As for offset, here's one explanation (in the context of opamps):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati..._imperfections

Note that I never claimed that this is relevant in audio applications - but
it's there.

Oh for Christ's sake grow up. An amp is a closed loop (often DC) servo almost.
Any offset depends on the INPUT transistors you brainless jerk.

You have the tiniest idea what you're talking about. You must be a lecturer to
be this stupid.

Graham