Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default MOSFET output stage

Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

4) FETs do not require high base currents of BJTs; that simplifies the
driver stage.

So what charges and discharges the damn gate capacitance you dozy bugger ?
The classic Class A voltage gain driver stage probably needs as much current
as if you were driving darlington output devices with a simple design..

In my ultra-low THD design I had a bipolar complementary Class A emitter
follower driving the mosfet gates ! It also removes the capacitive loading
from the voltage gain stage, increasing phase margin and loop HF response.

Graham