Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Garage Band for PC

I've been asked to do some very basic audio instruction in the music department at a
local university. Of course, it's an Apple shop and that means Garage Band. (The DAW
is not the focus of what I'm teaching, but it will need to be used now and then...
and the reality is that GB is what they have.)

I wanted to drill down a bit into the program and was hoping to find a PC version,
but that's been a weird journey. Found a "free" Garage Band for PC that turned out
to be multi-malware payload (including a *$(#%% toolbar, among other junk). Program
never did download; instead the "installer" tripped my antivirus and blew up
Firefox. Nope, THAT's not going to work.

Lots of other links imply that a PC version really doesn't exist, then go on to give
a long list of alternatives to GB. Lovely. That's not what I need.

So the question is for any GB users here whether there really is a Garage Band for
Windows, and where I might get it without layers of crap attached. I don't mind
paying a bit for it either. Often paying for a product is much cheaper than the
"free" version.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Frank
Mobile Audio