Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

Default re15 is a winner

Nate Najar wrote:
I agree completely. I am finding so many uses for dynamics and ribbons
where they are much more appropriate than a capacitor mic for the
situation. It is making my concerts and recordings sound much better
too!

Permit me to again refer everyone to a 1970 Tom Jones performance that was
almost totally RE15 recorded. Only the violins were miked with then-new
Sony ECM-50s on the instruments, combined through an 8x1 "mult box". One
comment suggested it was lip-sync to the commercial recording. It was not,
I know ... I mixed it and have the quarter-inch mono master to confirm it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgLd6A0DWM

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"