Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Midas M32 USB stick recording glitch

On 26/01/2018 7:03 AM, Geoff wrote:
On 26/01/2018 8:54 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
"geoff"* wrote in message
On 26/01/2018 3:55 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 1/25/2018 2:57 AM, geoff wrote:
But 2GB is just over half an hour at 16/48k/S . But it is late and
my arithmetic might be wrong .

I remember 10.5 MB/minute of stereo at 16-bit 44.1 kHz from DAT days.
Then I revised my rule-of thumb to 1 GB/hour for 24-bit 44.1 kHz.

A stereo 16/48 recording of 3 hours and a couple of minutes will fit
in a 2 GB hole. The on-line calculator (there's one for everything,
it seems) is he

* https://www.sounddevices.com/tech-notes/audio-record

Of course. Morning time now, and having slept obvious that about 80
minutes of 44k1/16/s can fit on a CD of around 700MB.

Still doesn't solve the 2GB limit of the M32 if you go over the 3 hours
or so at 48k , if for some reason you'd ever want to. Obviously Gareth
wanted to. Maybe logging conferences, or security recording purposes...

No, it's an 8 hour club night.
Including a one hour live act.

Produced 3 x 2Gb files, the first changeover with the lost data
occurred during the live act.
(Of course!)

Here's a work-around. Have a Zoom or similar recorder recording the
overlap part(s) and splice it in. Chances are nobody will notice if you
do it cleverly ;-)

Surely easier to just start a new recording during a break every couple
of hours? Even easier if there is only one 1hour live act you really
have to worry about. You have 1 hour leeway for both start and finish!

Trevor.