Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Readily Visible Readily Visible is offline

Default Vintage Pioneer SX-838 receiver - UPDATE

John Keiser wrote:
Or run the temporary relay jumper wires out of the case through an air vent
so you can open/close to test the theory with the case closed.

Good one, Jim. I like it.

It has been playing on its side with the top and bottom off for over 10
hours now and no problem. If I do as you suggest and I find it is not
the relay I guess I will have to resort to heating up the amp board and
output trannies to see if I can replicate the problem with the case and
bottom off. I have a cheap hairdryer that I bought to use as a heat gun
on the job when I need one. That should be sufficient to heat things up
enough to trip the problem if the problem is heat related.