Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Vintage Pioneer SX-838 receiver - UPDATE

"Readily Visible" wrote in message
As far as position related goes, this time the unit is standing up on
the opposite side as before, so I think the problem is heat related. As
long as the top and bottom are off, the left channel does not go out.
That makes a problem because as long as the problem does not assert
itself with the top and bottom off I cannot poke and prod and measure.

Of course you can, that's when you use a hot air gun and "freezer" spray. In
fact heat related issues are usually the easiest of intermittent faults to
find IMO.

MrT.