Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hugeshows hugeshows is offline

Default Restoring a Sherwood S-5000

errata from last post:

1) When orienting the cap as I described, it is not only important to align a 20uf section with the rectifier, it is also important to align the two 40uf sections with their original locations! So, the new cap has two 20uf sections, meaning there are two ways you can orient it and have a 20uf section for the rectifier. One of them will give you the two 40uf sections where you want and one way won't. Starting with the section to the right of the missing ground tab, and going counter-clockwise, orient the new cap so that you start with 20, then 40, and 40, then 20, again starting with the rectifier's section and going counter-clockwise. The other way is 20,20,40,40 and that isn't what you want.

2) I mentioned that the new cap was 500v, but it is actuall 525v as I had said in earlier posts.

-forkinthesocket