Jon Yaeger

A beautiful example of obscurity trying to pass for profundity !

Apparently Jean-Paul was "into" dispensing a whole lot of bovine excrement
as well . . . . .

- Jon

From: (Don)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 04:11:27 GMT
Subject: eBay Auction of the YEAR!

Jean-Paul Sartre was asked to write a preface to some book, and ended up
writing an entire book himself. Of course, he was into amphetamines, and wrote
like this:
"But it should be noted that this regulatory totalisation realises my
immanence in the group in the quasi-transcendence of the totalising third
party; for the latter, as the creator of objectives or organiser of means,
stands in a tense and contradictory relation of transcendence-immanence, so
that my integration, though real in the here and now which define me, remains
somewhere incomplete, in the here and now which characterise the regulatory
third party. We see here the re-emergence of an element of alterity proper to
the statute of the group, but which here is still formal: the third party is
certainly the same, the praxis is certainly common everywhere; but a shifting
dislocation makes it totalising when I am the totalised means of the group,
and conversely."