Paul Cockren

Default Indoor/Outdoor setup question...

up

(Paul Cockren) wrote in message om...
I am currently in the middle of buying components to setup a new
system. I would like to have 5.1 surround in my living room, and two
sets of speakers outdoors. One set will be going near my pool and the
other near the hot tub. I would like the outdoor speakers to be
playing from the same source, but be able to be controlled
independently(as far as which speakers will be on and the volume of
each). Another feature I would like is to be able to play a different
source inside than the one outside(dvd player inside and cd player
outside) or have them all play from the same source, but again have
the volume of each set controlled independently. The salesperson at
the local shop suggested a speaker selector (Russound 4.1 selector)
and we already purchased the outdoor speakers from him. The question
is if i use the speaker selector, what features do i need in a
receiver to accomplish the tasks i would like? Or should i just go
with a multi output amplifier? Any help would be appreciated...please
email me at
with any help you could offer...thanks
-paul