Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech

Default noise canceling headphones

"Mark" wrote in message

Rich

You cannot just stick a microphone and invert the signal and hope it
will cancel noise. You need to match the amplitudes at different
frequencies and this requires an adaptive filter.

hardy

oh really?
are you sure?
have you tried it?

It is unreasonable to demand that every truth be supported by personal
experience.

All that is necessary is to look at the technical details of
implementations of products that are effective.

If you are knowledgeable and experienced enough in other areas you can be
fully aware of the difficulty of the task at hand.

IOW, if you have evidence, background knowledge about how systems work, and
are capable of abstract reasoning, you don't need to do *everything*
yourself.

You can actually learn from other's people's experiences.

I've personally been abused and seen many others abused this way by
know-nothings this way for decades. Everytime another charlatan comes out
with a new utterly fantastic claim for a audio tweak, some lame-brain will
tell me that I can't possibly know that the tweak is BS since I haven't run
right out and bought the product and tried it for myself.

I don't need to eat crap to know its crap. The smell and appearance
suffices for me! Your mileage may vary. ;-)