Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default A book worth looking for

On May 11, 8:08*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 11, 4:42*pm, Bret L wrote:

*But what have novels got to do with r.a.o. either? The nonfiction
books are fully on topic, as if anyone cared. These, no.

Novels are far more interesting that technical books on electronics.

I happen to agree with you on the Electricity/Electronics 1-7 series.
Dover has reprinted "Basic Electronics" several which were the FMs the
Navy used for teaching electronics to sailors. The Gernsback Audio
Library is good for stereo stuff as are some Rider books. Van
Valkenburg's series (similar to the 1-7) is also good. There are many
good basic books. Grob, Markus and others published dozens as well.

But if you're here to discuss technical textbooks you'd be on-topic on
R.A.T or R.A.Tech, but not here. Opinions on novels are far more on
topic than discussing technical course books, hence the "opinion" in
the newsgroup's name.

No, what here I am writing is my OPINION on various books, rather
than a simple recitation of the facts they cover. They all cover
pretty much the same facts.

They ARE relevant to audio, novels are not. At least most are not.
Somewhere there probably is one that is.