Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default once and for all...

William Sommerwerck wrote:

One other comment, and I will let this drop...

The idea that the listening room should have a //significant// interaction
with playback has long been abandoned, for the all the obvious reasons.

The only currently acceptable form of interaction that I am aware of is LEDE.
It was developed to //minimize// room coloration from early reflections, while
allowing the creation of ersatz "immersion", without significantly altering
the speakers' direct sound.

There are various ways of going about room treatment, and much progress
has been made over the years. All of the successful approaches work to
neutralize spurious room responses.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com