Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default once and for all...

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Gary, I'm going to explain this one last time. And that's it.

1. There are two recording/playback technologies that are known to
more or less accurately render directionality (and therefore
spatiality) -- binaural, and Ambisonics. (There might be comparably
good WFS systems.) These represent a standard against which other
forms of recording and playback can be judged.

Binaural comes in the category "a recording that fits my system", but not in
the category "a recording that fits all systems" even if the headphone use
requirement is met. It fails 100 percent of the time for me.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen