Posted to rec.audio.car
Sharky Sharky is offline

Default Update: Toyota Stereo Options/Wiring Harness

After a reply from tech support at www.installer.com and a 5 minute phone
call to Texas, I think I have this Toyota figured out. According to the
tech, if the harness in the van is the same as the certain one they sell
(which it is), there is no factory amp installed. So, I found the correct
harness and I'm now on my way back to return the wrong harness and
"extremely difficult to install", EZ Dash Kit (this, from American
Internationals' own tech guy, LOL). I called Toyota and ordered a factory
pocket, $18, which is all I needed in the first place and is 99.9% sure to
work. I have to say, the one thing I like about this stereo is it is simple
to remove and install. It took me less than 10 minutes to remove the dash
plate, pull the radio, take pictures of both wiring harnesses and put it
back together. And this included a trip into the house to grab the camera
and a few tools. Now, it's just a matter of finding a decent headrest
monitor that I like and can afford, and the possibility of adding a
removable subwoofer (that's a whole new adventure, LOL). I've gotta be able
to retain my storage bed in what I like to think of as my extended cab truck
with non-removable cap (with back seats out).

Anyway, thanks again for the help that was offered and soon, I'll be
listening to my tunes in the minivan once again.
Sharky