Posted to rec.audio.car
Sharky Sharky is offline

Default Toyota Stereo Options/Wiring Harness

I just went out tonight and pulled the console door past its stops so I
could look around and try to find an amp. When I look in, all I see is the
duct that comes from the top of the dash and down to the heater outlet below
the console. There is also a disconnected red 15 pin harness, hanging on
the left side of the metal bracing, with nothing near it to plug into. I'm
assuming this is where the amplifier should be plugged in, if there was one
in my van. I also wrote down the two numbers on each of the Toyota
single-DIN receivers. The AM/FM/Cass. player is 16408, while the single CD
player is 34230.

Earlier, I had both of the receivers in my hands, out of the dash, so I
could, 1) see how the single-DIN receivers were stacked together, and 2)
take a picture of the wiring harness going into the radio, and the plug on
back of the cass. player. I had a feeling the one I had was wrong, and
turns out I am right. It is the same as the one at www.installer.com.
Anyway, when I return it, now I have a picture of the one I need on my phone
for a reference, regardless of what the teenagers working at Can. Tire say.

So, if I'm looking in the wrong spot for this amplifier, someone please let
me know where it should be. I see nothing that looks like one, so I'm
assuming that there isn't one. I emailed tech support at www.installer.com
to see if they even offer a bypass harness for the amp, and to find out if
they knew where it should be located. One way or the other, I'm GOING to
have a new radio in this van, eventually, LOL.

Sharky