Pooh Bear

Lucas Tam wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote in
:

Line
conditioning is a joke. If power was screwed up as some of
the tweako freakos claim, no appliances would work properly.

Hmmm so the perceived benefits are most likely a placebo effect huh?

Like many / most after-market add-ons.

I was hoping to find a way to reduce the static hiss when I am using Dolby
Pro Logic IIx with 2 channel sources.

Why do you think the ac power is responsible for that ?

You may typically get 'clicks' on an ac circuit from poorly suppressed
thermostats and the like though.

Having said all that - a good quality surge protector can be of benefit in a
general sense ( protection against over voltage damage ) rather than
specifically for audio.

You won't cure blackouts or even brownouts with a filter / surge arrestor
though.

Graham