Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

On 4/26/2019 9:31 PM, wrote:
However, the copper voice coil IS a simple resistance hence I squared R applies. You did not read my post.

I probably read your post but I don't remember it.

If you're talking about a DC measurement, you're correct - resistance is
all that's there. But if you're making an AC measurement - and why
wouldn't you since a loudspeaker isn't very useful when fed by DC? -
it's also an inductor, a capacitor, and, unless you remove the magnet so
the voice coil doesn't move, it's a generator, too.

** Not at all, an ideal capacitor has a resistance of zero.

Only when you first apply a steady voltage to it. Once it's fully
charged (which may take close to an infinite amount of time, but you can
get pretty close pretty quickly), it has near infinite resistance. But
when you feed AC to a voice coil, you absolutely can't ignore everything
but resistance when measuring power.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com