Stephen Anderson

Let it sit for several hours, the cleaner may evaporate and leave a
functional roller. Also, try and rinse it with 99% isopropyl alcohol,
which may rinse out the offending organic compounds.

I had a similar problem with a roller cleaner product from a company
called Geneva, sold at some of the recording supply houses here in L.A.

It may just be too old. If it can't be salvaged, don't get a new roller
from Studer. The roller from Athan in San Francisco is far better. It's
one piece, no separate tires, and it has 3 "tire" protrusions on it,
which will press against the in-between spots on the capstan that are
not polished smooth.

www.athan.com

Speak to George, he's a good guy.

tedhyland wrote:
I used some pinch roller cleaner that I don't usually use and it turned
my rollers into a sticky gooey mess. I usually use a slight soapy
solution or isopropol alcohol but this time I didn't and now the tape is
sticking to the rollers on my Studer A80 MKII. I have a session on
Tuesday. Do I have to order new ones real fast or can I save them?

Thanks for any help. I'll check back in a while.

Ted

--
Stephen Anderson

~At the end of the day, it's all about