get a sound meter, set it to 70db, and set all of your speakers to where the
needle "zeros out" using the test tone, this is the dolby reference level.
Then set your sub to taste.
The "floor" of your speakers is set so high you dont have to turn them up
much, which means your sub isnt getting turned up much either.
Set your levels, set the large speakers to large the small to small, etc and
enjoy
"Patricia Brine" wrote in message
(Norris Watkins) wrote:

I have had this home theatre setup with 4 Polkaudio RT2000P s ( I got
a good deal on them )

Till recently I did not have a good receiver and I was not seriously
into listening. Last week I got a Denon 3805 receiver.

One thing I noticed is that the powered subwoofer is barely audible,
no matter if I use the subwoofer out of the dolby digital OR the front
speaker preamp out. I tried this with all my 4 speakers, and I dont
think all of them have gone bad. Not only that though these speakers
were purchased some years back, I have barely used them.

I read some reviews that said these speakers have really powerful
powered subwoofers.

Could you pl share your experience if you happen to have one of these
( or any similar polk speakers like 2000i )

Thanks for reading
--nw

SNIP
Have you tryed the usual stuf, eg setting speakrs to small, going thru
setup to tell your system you have a sub, messing with crossover level,
playing stuff with lots of bass? Dunno......maybe check the sub cable,
or sub output level or sub level on reciever. Can't help U much but I try

HTH

JB