Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default High resolution Recording available on line?

Ken wrote:
On 8 Aug 2007 02:39:17 GMT, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

The highest critical band of the human ear covers the range of
something like 15 to 20 KHz (this varies with the listener -
younger, and smaller people shift this a bit higher).

I could hear up to 24 kHz when I was 35 years old.
Now at 53 years it's at least 20 kHz.
I don't know the exact limit for now.

test your hearing up to 16 kHz

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

or past 20 kHz

http://ff123.net/sweep.html

or for harmonics 14 kHz
http://ff123.net/hearing2.html

or brickwall filters at several frequencies
http://ff123.net/mustang.html

test your ability to hear differences in musical samples

http://www.jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

in all cases, mileage may vary due to selection of headphones and soundcards
and listening environment, as well as physiology.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason