Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Can't get system sounds through my Presonus 18/10

On 11/1/2019 1:37 AM, geoff wrote:
You'll need a regularWindows device driver as well as the ASIO one which
Reaper is presumably accessing. Configure in Control Panel for your
Presonus device assuming it is visible there (ie the isĀ* Win driver).

PreSonus provides their own ASIO driver so there should be no need to
use ASIO4ALL. I don't now anything about Windows 10 but a suitable
Windows driver should have been installed when running the PreSonus
setup - the same routine that gives you the interface's mixer control
panel.

Try re-running the PreSonus installation. Usually along the way, it asks
if you want to use this device (the 18/10) as the Windows sound device.
Your answer should be "yes."

For what my advice is worth, I've been beating an older (from around
2012) H-P laptop into submission with Windows 7 and have found that in
order to get the built-in audio hardware working right, including
working with ASIO4ALL, I had to delete the H-P audio driver and let
Windows discover the "new" hardware next time it rebooted, and install
the standard Microsoft driver.

This isn't your problem, sure, but there may be some related concepts.
You might try going to the Windows Device Manager, assuming there's
still one in Win10, look at the Sound section and remove whatever it
thinks it wants to use, then reboot. If that screws anything else up,
you can always re-run the PreSonus installer.