Bob-Stanton

Default Should I build this simple Mosfet follower amp?

CJT wrote in message
..

I'm not sure the FTC should be doing much more than setting minimal
standards to allow prosecuting false advertising. The IEEE or some
such body seems more appropriate for setting test standards.

I agree. We really don't want the goverment poking around in the audio
industry.

I don't think the consumer cares. If he did, I would have thought
manufacturers would satisfy his need as a result of competitive
pressure.

I agree with that as well.

I don't expect consumers in Wal-Mart, buying a boom-box, to care much
about intermodulation distortion. But, even in this audio group,
people seem to have little interest in what the actual measured
distortion of a product is. For example, I've seen threads on: SACD vs
DVD-A vs CD. There were sometimes hundreds of messages, in the
threads, but no one even mentioned actual *measured* performance of
the various types of systems.

Bob Stanton