Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default Tracking at 24/96 vs 24/48

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:41:11 PM UTC-6, Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:29:07 -0600,
lid (Tatonik) wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Sadly, most SRC programs won't filter-and-decimate when they encounter a
multiple, they just use the same algorithm they use for non-multiples.
So having sample rates that are multiples doesn't actually help you.

Good SRC has become very good these days, but bad SRC remains very very bad.
But there is good free SRC available if you don't need it to work in realtime.
--scott

What is the good SRC? Paul Stamler mentioned being dissatisfied with
iZotope, which I thought was supposed to be one of the good ones. I've
also heard mention that Weiss Saracon is good, but it's far from free.

Have a look here. Someone has done a lot of work comparing the quality
of various SRCs.

http://src.infinitewave.ca/

That was my resource in choosing the SRCs from Audition and iZotope. Both did very well in the site's test, but I didn't like the results of either as well as I did my redub at 44.1, with no SRC. How come? I don't know.

Peace,
Paul