Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default Microphones

On 21/04/2015 9:45 a.m., wrote:
Peter Why so combative over a simple proposal? I've played Jazz for
40 years and know how to use dynamics. The PA will sound cleaner if
my mic is turned down most of the time except when I need it. That
way it's not picking up all the other instruments.

Thinking about it more, as a one-time aspiring sax player (beautiful
Buescher tenor, but too young and not enough self-discipline,
application, and stickability to get anywhere), if you need a boost for
solos, then maybe you are playing too hard the rest of the time. Like
Clemons did.

geoff