Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Will I fry my amp if I use a 14.8V battery instead of a 12V ?

On 18/06/2018 23:02, Tobiah wrote:

I'd like to know more about the replacement you have.
Is it made to replace a lead-acid battery?Â* I have used
lots of lithium polymer batteries as an R/C plane flyer,
and I know that those can be very dangerous, and need
a very specific tapering charge current tailored to
the cell capacity.Â* Anything goes wrong and you have
a flaming devil on your hands (a la Galaxy note 7).

Maybe you are using something completely different.

Many lithium batteries in current production for general use such as
golf carts have the smarts built into the battery, but for use in planes
and drones, where every fraction of a gramme counts, they specify a
smart charger, so the weight of the smart bit gets left on the ground.

The charging is basically just done by a small, smart chip using the
voltage supplied by the charger.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.