Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default SET v. PP, the big fight tonight

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

**Funny you mention that, Stewart. A couple of years ago, I was asked to
service two, stereo, 3 Watt (PP) valve amps. Unfortunately, apart from
several buggered valves, all the electros, many of the resistors and
most of the old plastic capacitors also required replacement, it had
three (out of four) faulty output transformers. This would have put the
price into the ridiculous area. Then, I had an idea. I put a pair of
small power OP amps in each amp. I put a LF and HF filter in front of
each OP amp and ran the whole shebang off the filament supplies. I left
the valves in place and told the client that I had fixed his amp. If was
in any way unhappy with the result, I would refund his money, in full.
The cost, of course, was significantly lower than replacing all the
faulty stuff. After he'd used it for a week, he reported that his amps
had never sounded so good.

Gross hypocricy noted.
Evidently its ok for you to 'defraud'
a customer.

How is it unethical, if he offered a full refund?