Posted to rec.audio.opinion

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in
message

In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

95% seems more than a little extreme, considering
that there are places like NYC, Chicago, Memphis,
etc. Of course Graham, this all probably seems
pretty abstract to you, sitting there in the UK.
The idea that Hollywood is the center of the US is
a fiction that Hollywood movies tend to perpetuate
in the minds of naive persons.

That's good. Now you're negotiating the percentage
instead making an overly literal black-and-white
judgment.

You've got that all wrong.

Jenn's the one who has taken the overly literal
black-and-white position. Jenn is still playing 95%
or nothing.

Incorrect. My exact statement was, "My estimation is
that something on the order of over 95% of TV scores
are recorded in Hollywood"

So what was all that weirdness about major movies?

What weirdness?

Let's find some way to gauge this. Hollywood is at
least 50%, I'm guessing.

Everybody's guessing, including Jenn. That makes this
an assertion contest.

I'm guessing based on the number of calls for film and
TV dates originating from Local 47 of the AFM as
opposed to Locals 802, 10-208, 71.

What's your assurance that that is 100 per cent of
everything?

I'm not going to look up every local for you for a
trivial point. I looked up three that you mentioned:
L.A., NYC, Chicago, Memphis.

It's just cattle calls, right?

Nope. The stats are a list of paid player hours for a
given local.

It's based on the fiction that unions have 100% knowlege of all musical work
being done.

No, it based on the fact that the vast majority of TV/MP production
companies are union shops. You don't make a living making music in that
business without being a union member. Why do you keep arguing about
something you know nothing about?