Mike Rivers

Default Mackie SDR 24/96 - Hard Drive upgrade?

In article ospam writes:

The Mackie SDR slot is compatible with RH-06, 10, 12, 20, 40, 47 carriers
(don't know about -50)

Neither do I. That was a typo. I meant to type RH-58 which you already
now about. While any of those carriers may fit the slot, I don't know
for sure if all of them will actually work in the Mackie. I have read
some reports of people using other than RH-58 and RH-40 carriers that
fit, but did not work. I don't know why they didn't, and Mackie hasn't
investigated. They know what works and that's all they recommend.

I prefer the RH-58 because it has two small cooling
fans to keep the hard disk a little cooler.

The fans make noise. I don't like noise. I don't care how little they
are. And doesn't the beating (because they don't run at exactly the
same speed, and the speed wanders a bit) drive you nuts? You don't
need the cooling. Disconnect the fans and enjoy a quieter HDR.

I believe its what Mackie chose.

Mackie buys a modified version of the RH-58. At the time the HDR came
out, you couldn't buy them in black (now you can) so Mackie had that
customized. In addition, the Mackie version doesn't have the fans, and
has a perforated metal plate (an RF shield) in its place.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )