Charles Krug

Default Linux and audio pro

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:46:43 -0500, John
ceverett wrote:

John wrote:

I predict that Audacity, etc. will catch up to and surpass their closed
source equivalents within a couple of years at the outside. Not half
bad for "hobbyist" work.

that's a very nice fantasy you got there, hang on to it as long as you
can.

Depends on the problem domain. Very few compilers are better than gcc,
but I still want VisualBASIC when I'm developing a WINDOWS ONLY
commercial app. (and Python for when I need cross platform)

If you budget says "audacity" then install Audacity and get to work
recording. So long as you can export .wav files, you can move to a new
platform.

OTOH if my budget said ProTools, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.