The Ghost In The Machine

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Dana

wrote
on Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:13:37 -0400
:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:10:28 +0000, David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

"CBFalconer" wrote in message ...
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:
"Noah Roberts" wrote in message

Clients want to know that you can dependably get the job done,

Exactly... regardless of the gear.

and the only way they know that is that
you have the standard tools to get the job done right.

All I can say is that I think you're somewhat off-base on this one.

ProTools may be the most globally compatible working standard
within the industry, but it's not *the* industry.

Go and hire my daughter:

http://www.heygrace.com

Very cool website... I love the toggles. Have your daughter call
me for engineering on her next production arrangement. ;-)

DM

I agree, that is a very well done website.
It's nice to see ladies in the audio profession.

I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with the metaphor but acknowledge
her inherent superiority to me in the area of drawing such things. :-)
I'm lucky if I can draw circles.

The Javascript looks a bit odd in spots (MM_preloadImages() is
passed two paramters which aren't used) and could be a
touch clearer (there's not that much of it, which is a plus).
CSS2 might be useful here. The band links look a bit
hodgepodgeish, and the space utilization could be
better there (a table instead of a list). A subtly textured
background might be a nice addition, and part of CSS2 as well.

Otherwise, a nice clean design from an HTML standpoint, and not
all that bad from a pure visual standpoint.

#191,
It's still legal to go .sigless.