Mike Rivers

Default Upgrading CDR Drive on Alesis Masterlink??

In article writes:

Well, the hard disk is directly beneath the CD-ROM drive. No problem, just
find the screws to the drive cage and... What's this? The screws are
_entirely_ inaccessable! I really tried to get it out of there but to this
day, I still have the original near-4gb drive in there.

I've never been inside a Masterlink, but they must have put it
together somehow. You may have to remove the CD drive first, and maybe
some other stuff, but if you don't mind disassembling as much as is
necessary surely you can swap out the hard drive. I've heard of
several others who have done it.

The Mackie HDR/MDR recorders are built something like that too. In
order to replace the bay for the removable hard drive (which I've had
to do) you just about have to take the whole thing apart, including
removing the mother board and the front panel. Not much left by the
time you get to the drive bay.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )