Infidell

(BLCKOUT420) wrote in message ...
Believe it or not I actually have a session today where a guy is going to
overdub a saw he plays with a bow.
I'm not sure what mic I'm going to use!

Believe it or not, I've done this a few times. I do live sound for
the High Zero experimental music conference in Baltimore Maryland.
I've miked balloons.

Musical saw...Condenser is best, preferrably with a tight cardioid
pattern. Miking a saw is not possible when other instruments/amps are
in the same room, they are inherently quiet instruments when compared
to a drum kit or guitar amp. I used a shure SM81 about 3ft up and 2ft
back pointed straight at the middle of the saw. the players I've
miked usually move quite a bit and bow on different places on the saw,
so I needed to pull back. You may be able to get closer. Hope this
helps!

Carlos