Ron Capik

Ben Bradley wrote:

...snip..

(Asked seriously, as well as in the spirit of Monty Python's Holy
Grail) Was this a hammered saw or a bowed saw?
I would think it would be a hammered saw, as I suspect a bowed saw
is a lot louder due to the bow constantly putting energy in, and
easier to bring out relative to the other instruments.

I've worked with the dulcimer (hog fiddle) before, so that wasn't a
problem.

'twas a bowed saw and it seemed loud enough when I ventured on stage
during ( I try not to ever need to do that) the set to try and reposition
the
mic. With no assistant all I could do is tweak, then run back to the sound
board and see if it helped. Seems the tweak didn't help much and I didn't
want to disrupt them on stage again, so I worked with what I had.

If there's a next time I'll likely visit them in the warm up room and pick
up
any clues I can...

Later...

Ron Capik