Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Best way to remove mic feedback in post?

Don Pearce wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:04:59 -0700, "bob" wrote:

I recorded a live show where there are several instances of mic
feedbacks. I want to salvage as much as possible from those
instances.

I have several audio/wave editors (adobe audition, soundbooth,
audacity, goldwave) at my disposal.

Most audio editors have notch filters, but to complicate things, the
mic feedback changes frequency slightly as it gets louder.

Is there a filter that automatically adjust to the frequency change
and remove the feedback?

Use Adobe Audition in spectrum view. You can draw around the squeal
with the lasso tool and delete it. Works seriously well. Filters are
too coarse and clumsy for this job.

Or Sony SpectralLayers, or equivalent in Wavelab.

geoff