Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Henry Pasternack[_2_] Henry Pasternack[_2_] is offline

Default Ground Busses

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Henry Pasternack wrote:
True. But a better practical arrangement is to create a "star of stars".
The real key, IMHO, is to start with the schematic and draw out all
of the current loops in the circuit, from power supply out to the signal
circuitry and back, and also the input and output currents. Then you
find places where separate current loops share common paths, and
then separate out these loops so they meet at (to the greatest extent
possible) single points.

100% correct.

Your posting that said essentially the same thing arrived on my server
slightly after I wrote the above, although the date shows you posted
it earlier... Apologies for making the same point twice.

I couldn't agree more. With grounding it's almost all about directing
current flow in an appropriate way.

And bearing in mind that current always finds its way to ground, and
learning to think about all the sneaky ways it does so, and the voltage
drops it creates along the way...

-Henry