Mark Zarella

Default your Car Amplifier advice, please!

Why is everyone in here so hung up on features, I hate the though of
internal
crap line x-over and bass boost.

What's wrong with internal crossovers? The crossovers in my a/d/s/
amplifiers are more versatile than most, if not all, external crossovers.
Oh yeah, and a lot simpler, cheaper, and less prone to noise.

When I look at an amp I make sure the amp is
stable to whatever is needed and the it has more then enough output, other
then that less of other crap the better.

Those are two other features that Les mentioned.

Reliability, how can you tell from one amp to another? Look at the nasty
surprise PPI fans got when they upgraded from the PC line to the newer PCX
line, who seen that coming.

Price and resale value goes hand and hand, if you pay next to nothing for

an
amp you'll get next to nothing on the resale market. More often then not

you
get what you paid for with just about any amp.

If you buy used, you're almost guaranteed your money back when you resell
it. But I personally don't use resale value as a criteria, as I don't plan
on selling my gear.