Soundfreak03

Default your Car Amplifier advice, please!

Why is everyone in here so hung up on features, I hate the though of internal

crap line x-over and bass boost.

The internal crossovers on most amps are fine, if they do the job and do not
introduce noise then I use them. You are more likely to introduce noise by
adding extra components like external EQs and crossovers.

Reliability, how can you tell from one amp to another? Look at the nasty
surprise PPI fans got when they upgraded from the PC line to the newer PCX
line, who seen that coming.

If a company has consistently put out a solid product the chances are that they
will continue to do so. Though there are instances where that is not the case.
You also have amps that have established themselves that you can buy used.

Price and resale value goes hand and hand, if you pay next to nothing for an
amp you'll get next to nothing on the resale market.

Some amps hold resale value better than others, some have virtually no resale
value. That is why you have to weigh the costs on each.

You cannot have the best in all of the catergories. Choosing an amp has many
facets and noone needs the myth of Sound Quality mucking it up.

What are your reasons/thoughts when buying an amp?

Les