Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Luxman SQ38D

"patrick-turner"
"Phil Allison"
"Trevor Wilson"

**Thanks for your input Patrick.

I'll ask you one question:

How would YOU go about ascertaining the original values of the
components
in a tone amp stage, without access to the original schematics, parts
lists, or even the original parts from the amplifier?

If it makes you happy, continue with your innane insults. For my part, I
asked a reasonable question. I even received a reasonable response from
PA. Your response is nothing short of insane.

** The Turneroid has never quite been the same since he fell for British
audio designer Susan Parker.

http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/

http://www.audiophonics.com/index.html

He lost his cool completely when I dubbed her "Dopey Sue" for making a
fundamental error regarding power mosfets.

Since Sue married her long time girlfriend a few years back - Pat has been
all but inconsolable.

Yes, broke my heart it did, but we remain excellent friends, a far
better arrangement than having to work around a lady's unpredictble
emotional condition.

** IME - working around unpredictable female emotions is a hazard for all.

I find that sue has some excellent ideas about transformers and about
simplicity.

** Simple, even elegant but very far from inexpensive.

But she's been unable to focus much on her audio hobby
interests because of her heavy committments to well paying job at a
university.

** The uni's workshops must be where she gets all that nice metalwork and
cabinetry done.

Foreign orders anyone ??

..... Phil