Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Luxman SQ38D

On 11/14/2012 10:57 AM, patrick-turner wrote:
On 14 Nov, 06:42, Trevor Wilson
wrote:
On 11/13/2012 7:29 PM, patrick-turner wrote:

On 13 Nov, 11:11, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Trevor Wilson"

Does anyone have a schematic for a Luxman SQ38D? I mostly require info on
the tone amp section. The one I have has been modified and I need to
restore it to standard.

** The " SQ38D" was released in Japan in 1965 - do you really have one of
them ?

A long series of " SQ38 " amps were released including the "SQ-38D" in
1998.

http://www.onahighernote.com/luxman/?c=5&id=45

Earlier models had triode output valves ( 6RA8s ) made in Japan, later ones
uses regular 6BQ5s.

Luxman schems were always near impossible to obtain - certainly so here in
Australia.

.... Phil

What's wrong with Trevor?

**Nothing wrong with me.

Trevor, you are such a great big fukken dope, you don't know that you
are one, and its been like this all the time I've known you.

I can't and won't help you. Go fix your amp like I've had to fix
dozens, all without schematics.

Just do it.

Patrick Turner

**Thanks for your input Patrick.

I'll ask you one question:

How would YOU go about ascertaining the original values of the
components in a tone amp stage, without access to the original
schematics, parts lists, or even the original parts from the amplifier?

If it makes you happy, continue with your innane insults. For my part, I
asked a reasonable question. I even received a reasonable response from
PA. Your response is nothing short of insane.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au