Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

Default Will SACD die?

On 14 Dec 2007 03:11:12 GMT, Steven Sullivan wrote:

*IF* the music industry is at all interested in selling multichannel
music, it would be insane of them NOT to move to these formats, since
in a relatively few years, everyone will have DVD players that can play them
(unlike SACD and DVD-A).

Mebbe. That's a big IF. I hope we will see some action soon but,
more likely, there will be nothing until/unless the HD players become
common. By then, audio in a physical medium will probably be gone.

Kal