Mike Rivers

In article .com writes:

There are people who get frustrated working on a real console, but
don't in a DAW?

Is that a question? I'm sure there are some who are frustrated with
BUYING one. And those who find it necessary to tweak a song word by
word in order to make a living might find that easier to do with a DAW
than with a hardware console, even an automated one. But just because
there's a good reason to use a DAW doesn't mean that everybody should
be happy with one.

I've yet to meet anyone who preferred a DAW over a console for mixing
except for a jingle guy who prefer a console, but chooses a DAW becuase
of the volume of revisions he's asked to make.

When you have to spend your own money, that can influence your
"preference" pretty strongly. Having a DAW just might be the only
practical way that you can do the kind of work that comes your way.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )