Blind Joni

Default OT Political

I was prompted to read the article on Global Warming in the Sept. issue of
Nat.Geo.
Very well done and informative. I believe that my point in mentioning it in the
first place was misconstrued a bit.
To clarify, I am not disputing that the globe is apparently warming. The point
I was making is that I don't see the productive side of getting personally
offended when someone doesn't share someone else's personal concern..meaning:
The globe is warming, causes are many, varied and open to discussion. Quoting
from the opening of the Nat. Geo. article..
"But even Kyoto would barely slow the rise of heat trapping gases. Controlling
the increase ' would take 40 successful Kyotos,' says Jerry Mahlman of the
National Center for Atmospheric research. But we've got to do it."..HOW????
I driver a fuel efficient car, I insulate my structures correctly, I recycle
and I've just signed up to buy my electricity from renewable sources. If we all
do all we can, it will still take immeasurably more to make a difference. I
don't see how blaming someone for not lamenting life because they can't stop
Global Warming is helpful.
I find that worrying about things I can't control usually keeps me from action
in an area that I can make a difference in.
Anyway....

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.