Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

Default Analog vs Digital- Again

"---MIKE---" wrote: ...
willbill wrote:
i remember when the CD came out
the sound was terrible

Many were bad but a few were excellent. The bad ones were due to
mastering and not the system itself. I have a CD of Rossini overtures
(from 1983) that still sounds as good as anything released today.

ADD or AAD vs. DDD, or uniformly? I think more has a chance to go wrong in
the digitizing of analog material than when the recording is straight
digital. Take for example most or even all of the early DDD Telarcs, Delos,
Columbia, (maybe even most of the Denon). I believe that many were excellent
and few were bad, at least in my collection.