Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

I am investigating a PP 6L6/5881 configuration, each channel using a
single 12AX7 as driver w/a very simple SS power-supply. It sure takes
a load off the power-transformer, appears to be very stable while
breadboarded on the bench, makes nice sound and is quite simple.

I have an old ST70-II carcass (it looks like the circuit board caught fire)
which I've often thought of rebuilding into something similar.

My thoughts are as follows

6L6 in p-p, pentode, local feedback around the output stage, regulated
screen voltage, cathode bias, and a 6SL7 driver.