Joseph Oberlander

Michael McKelvy wrote:

The basic information is this: the analysis of the tree ring data that gives
the 'hockey stick' shaped heat increase curve that shows a significant
increase in global warming since the industrial revolution is seriously
flawed. The authors of the web page referenced above found that even
inputting random, meaningless, valueless data (into the analysis algorithm
used to develop the global warming graph) produced the same curve. In other
words, the apparent sudden increase in global warming since the industrial
age started might be totally false. It's a serious mistake to make national
and international policy (Kyoto protocol) based on bogus figures.

Note - the magnetic field strength is also fluctuating greatly.

When the two happen at the same time, about every 10,000 years or so,
(and we're due), the Earth's magnetic poles reverse. This easily
explains the ozone holes - we're about to "flip" during the next
100-200 years.

The heat - well, that's a double-whammy. We're heading into
another ice-age. It gets hot(the thinner atmosphere form the weaker
magnetic fields as noted above make it worse as well), then
the poles and snow melts and the oceans are diluted enough to
stop the various "streams"(Gulf stream for example) from properly
flowing. The planet goes "cold" in less than 100 years.

Our pollution makes maybe a 1-2% impact on this cycle. A blip
in a much larger problem that we can do nothing about.

The cycle repeats again and again until the core runs out of heat
and the magnetic field drops to 0 - at which time the radiation belts
fail completely and the atmoshpere is ripped away. That's how Mars
died and how most planets of our type die as well. Thankfully, we're
not due for that for another 100 million years or so. Heh. Plenty
of time to escape for greener pastures.